Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Finishing School" - Part 1

Hello. Merry Christmas. I have decided to begin the rest of my post with how to say Merry Christmas in other languages. We are all familiar with how it is said in English but other languages are also beautiful. Tom and I are now in the process of getting me ready for the intricate detail that will be necessary for me to have my eyes. A secret solution (actually Tom says it is lacquer thinner and DEFT wood sealer) is applied to my face, beard, hair and any other areas that will need additional strength. After the solution dries, Tom can carve the small lines that will become my eyes. I can’t wait. I found another game that my friends and I love to play. Hope you enjoy it.

Nick

Are your friends a small, quiet group who prefer less demonstrative games? Why not pack up a bag for Santa? The game starts when you say, "I packed a bag for Santa Claus and put in some socks." The next player goes on to say, "I packed a bag for Santa Claus and put in some socks and books." As each player continues they include all the listed items and add their own item. When you miss an item on the list, you are out of the game.





2 comments:

  1. I love that game...and we used to lay a version in which you had to name items starting with the letter A and then B...so you'd say, I packed a bag for Santa and put in an APPLE...next person would say APPLE and BALL, etc. It was a tiny bit easier for youngsters as they had the letter of the alphabet to help them along the way to keep their place and remind them of the words! Can't wait to see how you will be looking soon, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the progress reports Nick. I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete