Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Details and Code Words

Irish -Nollaig Shona Dhuit


Hello again. I can’t believe that the journey is almost over. Thank you for being a part of my transition. I am almost done. The finishing details are tedious and time consuming but it is this process that brings the personality to my friends and me. The next time we talk, I will be ready for the painting process. See you then.


It is said that the traditional Christmas carol "The Twelve Days of Christmas" was written as a secret teaching tool to instruct children in the meaning of the Christian faith. From 1558 to 1829 Roman Catholics in England were, apparently, forbidden from openly practicing their religion. So, this carol was devised to get the message across without upsetting the Protestants. Here is the broken code.
 





 

2 comments:

  1. I had read about the 12 days of Christmas awhile back but thanks for reminding me of its meaning again.
    Santa is really coming along....love seeing the steps.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, that sculpture is really looking beautiful. Glad that you used an Irish saying.
    Micki
    In Ireland

    ReplyDelete