Monday, October 25, 2010

Our next to last visit

German - Froehliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr!




All that is left is for Tom to sign and date me. Each figure he carves carries the date of completion and is given a number beginning with 001 for that particular year.

Here I am 2010-001. I hope you have enjoyed following me the past 36 weeks. It has been my pleasure to guide you through my creation. I promised some more pictures so here they are. I am looking forward to seeing you at the Christmas Village Festival in Birmingham in November. Feel free to contact me at www.whittlershollow.com if you have any questions. I thought you might enjoy one last Holiday tradition.

Until our next visit, I remain your friend,

Nick

PS. Several of my friends left yesterday for Sue’s house in Abernathy, Alabama.

According to legend, on Christmas Eve in Germany rivers turn to wine, animals speak to each other, tree blossoms bear fruit, mountains open up to reveal precious gems, and church bells can be heard ringing from the bottom of the sea. Of course, only the pure in heart can witness this Christmas magic. All others must content themselves with traditional German celebrating, of which there is plenty. As a matter of fact, there is so much celebrating that is has to begin on December 6th, St. Nicholas Day.







1 comment:

  1. Oh, no.......I can't believe we will only see you one more time. I have been fascinated by this whole process and can't bear the thought that we won't see you soon. (Funny how we can grow attached to something and it becomes totally real to us.....*sigh*) I just hope whoever is lucky enough to get you in their home someday will realize how special you are!

    ReplyDelete