Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moving out of the Swamp

It was quiet last night but there seems to be something different in the air. I can hear far away voices. I recognize the big man’s sound but there are others with him. There is also a whirring noise. I can see them now. The big man and two others are pulling a jon boat behind the bateau. Sometimes they will get out and the whirring sound starts. Suddenly the sound stops and one of my cypress knee friends is taken and placed in the second boat. They are getting closer. I hope the big man sees me. They stop in front of me and get out of the bateau. The sound starts and before you know it, I am in the boat with my friends. As we start out of the swamp, I realize that this is the beginning of my great adventure. That’s all for now. I won’t know where I’m going until I get there.




















4 comments:

  1. This journey is a great idea! I understand, as a sculptor, you look at the wood and see the outcome. I was never even able to carve soap! I admire your art, I've seen it on Gene's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene sent me over...I am always amazed at how someone can look at the wood and imagine a figure...I'll be happy to follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Gene sent us here. I want to see how you go from being a cypress knee to being NICK. I hope you tell us what a Jon boat is, too. (I guess I could look it up but you would probably explain it better. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there......just found you via Gene. I'm now following your blog and am excited to read and learn about cypress knees!

    ReplyDelete